Paint Safety Precautions
|Most paints contain substances that are harmful if inhaled or swallowed. Read the paint label before opening the container.|
The following precautions are important items in order to maintain a safe painting work area.
- Wear an approved respirator and eye protection when painting.
- Wear approved gloves and appropriate clothing when painting. Avoid contact with skin.
- Spray paint only in a well ventilated area.
- Cover spilled paint with sand, or wipe it up at once.
- If paint gets in your mouth or on your skin, rinse and wash thoroughly with water. If paint gets in your eyes, flush with water and get prompt medical attention.
- After the painting work is finished, wash your face and gargle with water.
- Paint is flammable. Store it in a safe place, and keep it away from sparks, flames, or cigarettes.