Cross Section of Body and Sealants - General Information
NOTE: Follow the sealer manufactur's instuctions and apply the sealer. Make note of the following items:
- Clean the areas to be sealed with wax and grease remover.
- Wipe off any excess spot sealer with thinner. After the primer is sprayed, sealer will fill to the area where spot sealer was siped off.
- Make sure you can see the sealant when the sealed part is in its proper location. Refer to engine compartment, front wheelhouse, and damper housing, dashboard upper, and dashboard lower, front floor, rear floor, and roof panel, rear side outer panel, and rear panel, rear wheelhouse, under floor,
- When appling sealant to the engine compartment, the door opening, and the hatch gutter, try to match the appearance of the factory sealer. Wipe off any excess sealer.
- Apply sealer on any area where replacement part will cover. Smooth the sealer with a brush if necessary.