Rust-Preventive Treatments - General Information
- Mask the exhaust system, oxygen sensors, and suspension mount areas to protect them from the undercoat overspray.
- Follow the undercoating manufacturer's instructions.
- Clean the body with wax and grease remover before the undercoat is sprayed.
- Apply the undercoat to the front wheelhouse, rear wheelhouse, and undersides of the front floor and rear floor, refer to undercoat diagram.
- Coat the bottom of the fuel tank.
- Do not spray an anti-rust agent on the brake system components, exhaust system components and its related parts, emission control devices in the engine compartment, ball joint covers, the fuel strainer, and exterior and interior parts.
- Wipe the excess agent with a clean rag dampened with light oil.
- Follow the anti-rust agent manufacturer's instructions.
- Before applying an anti-rust agent, thoroughly clean the area to be coated with a steam cleaner, etc., and let it dry. Waxoyl may be applied to wet surface.
- Apply anti-rust agent from the installation hole and the access hole on parts in the outer panel and the frame. Spray the anti-rust agent sufficiently until the excess amount oozes out when filling the side sill.