Fuel Supply System
- Relieve the fuel pressure, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 11-130).
- Drain the fuel tank: Remove the fuel pump, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 11-139). Using a hand pump, hose and container suitable for gasoline, draw the fuel from the fuel tank.
- Jack up the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the fuel pipe cover (A). Disconnect the fuel vapour hose and quick-connect fittings.
Disconnect the hoses. Slide back the clamps, then twist the hoses as you pull to avoid damaging them.
- Place a jack or other support, under the tank.
- Remove the strap bolts and let the strap (B) fall free.
- Remove the fuel tank (C). If it sticks to the undercoat on its mount, carefully pry it off the mount.
- Install the remaining parts in the reverse order of removal.