- With a sponge, apply a light coat of body primer to the original adhesive remaining around the windshield opening flange. Let the body primer dry for at least 10 minutes:
- Do not apply glass primer to the body and be careful not to mix up glass and body primer sponges.
- Never touch the primed surfaces with your hands.
- Mask off the dashboard before painting the flange.
Cross-hatched area: Apply body primer here
- Before filling a cartridge, cut a ''V'' in the end of the nozzle (A) as shown.
- Pack adhesive into the cartridge without air pockets to ensure continuous delivery. Put the cartridge in a caulking gun and run a bead of adhesive (A) around the edge of the windshield (B) between the dams (C) and moulding (D) as shown. Apply the adhesive within 30 minutes after applying the glass primer. Make a slightly thicker bead at each corner.
- Use suction cups to hold the windshield over the opening, align it with the alignment marks made in step 16 and set it down on the adhesive. Lightly push on the windshield until its edges are fully seated on the adhesive all the way around. Do not open or close the doors until the adhesive is dry.