- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Wear eye protection when removing the glass with piano wire.
- Use seat covers to avoid damaging any surfaces.
- Do not damage the rear window defogger grid lines, window antenna grid lines and terminals.
- Remove these items:
- Trunk lid
- Rear shelf (see page 20-35)
- Disconnect the window antenna connector (A) and rear window defogger connectors (B).
- If the old rear window is to be reinstalled, make alignment marks across the glass and body with a grease pencil.
- Pull down the rear portion of the headliner (A) by detaching the clips (B). Take care not to bend the headliner excessively, or you may crease or break it.
B : Clip, 2
- Apply protective tape along the inside and outside edges of the body. Using an awl, make a hole through the adhesive from inside the vehicle at the corner portion of the rear window. Push a piece of piano wire through the hole and wrap each end around a piece of wood.