- Install the battery cable (A) on the under-hood fuse/relay box, then install the harness clamps (B).
- Install the intake resonator.
- Clean the battery posts and cable terminals with sandpaper, then assemble them and apply grease to prevent corrosion.
- Move the shift lever to each gear and verify that the A/T gear position indicator, follows the transmission range switch (A/T).
- Check that the transmission shifts into gear smoothly (M/T).
- Inspect for fuel leaks. Turn ON (II) the ignition switch (do not operate the starter) so that the fuel pump runs for approximately 2 seconds and pressurises the fuel line. Repeat this operation 2 or 3 times, then check for fuel leakage at any point in the fuel line.
- Refill the engine with engine oil (see page 8-3).
- Refill the transmission with MTF, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 13-3) or ATF, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 14-122).
- Refill the radiator with engine coolant, and bleed air from the cooling system with the heater valve open, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 10-8).
- Check the wheel alignment, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 18-4).
- Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets.