- Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- To avoid damage, unplug the wiring connectors carefully while holding the connector portion.
- Mark all wiring and hoses to avoid misconnection. Also, make sure that they do not contact other wiring or hoses, or interfere with other parts.
- Secure the hood in the wide open position (support rod in the lower hole).
- Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
- Disconnect the battery negative terminal first, then the positive terminal.
- Remove the intake resonator.
Remove the battery and battery base.
- Remove the battery cables (A) from the fuse box and remove the harness clamps (B).
- Remove the intake air duct (A) and ground cable (B).