- Disconnect the Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor (primary HO2S) connector (A) and Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (secondary HO2S) connector (B), then remove the exhaust pipe A/Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) (C) (Except D17A5 engine).
- Remove the shift cable covers (A), then remove the shift control cable (B) (A/T).
- Disconnect the suspension lower arm ball joints and stabiliser links, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 18-32).
- Remove the driveshafts, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 16-3). Coat all precision finished surfaces with clean engine oil. Tie plastic bags over the driveshaft ends.
- Lower the hoist.
- Remove the ground cable (A), upper radiator hose (B), lower radiator hose (C) and heater hose (D).
- Remove the heater hose.