- Identify parts as they are removed to ensure reinstallation in original location.
- Inspect the rocker shafts and rocker arms, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 6-38).
- The rocker arms must be installed in the same positions if reused.
- When removing or installing the rocker arm assembly, do not remove the camshaft holder bolts. The bolts will keep the holders, springs and rocker arms on the shaft.
- Prior to reassembling, clean all the parts in solvent, dry them and apply lubricant to any contact points.
- Bundle the rocker arms with rubber bands to keep them together as a set.
D17A2, D17A5, D17A9 engines: