- Clean and dry the oil pump mating surfaces.
- Install the oil pump (A).
- Install a new crankshaft oil seal in the oil pump, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see step 12 on page 8-11).
- Apply liquid gasket, part No. 08718-0001 or 08718-0003, evenly to the block mating surface of the oil pump and to the inner threads of the bolt holes.
- Grease the lip of the oil seal and apply oil to the new O-ring (B).
- Install the dowel pins (C), then align the inner rotor with the crankshaft and install the oil pump.
- Clean the excess grease off the crankshaft and check the seal for distortion.
- Install the oil screen (D) with a new gasket (E).
- Install the oil pan, refer to the '01 Civic Shop Manual on this CD (see page 7-24).