Brake Master Cylinder ReassemblyNOTE:
- Clean all the parts in brake fluid and air dry; blow out all passages with compressed air.
- Before reassembling, check that all the parts are free of dust and other foreign particles.
- Replace parts with new ones whenever specified to do so.
- Use only genuine DOT 3 or DOT 4 Honda Brake Fluid. Non-Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system.
- Do not mix different brands of brake fluid as they may no be compatible.
- Replace the master cylinder if the bore is damaged or worn. Do not hone or attempt to refinish the bore.
- Coat the piston cups, pressure cup and master cylinder bore with clean brake fluid.
- Use recommended greases in the master cylinder seal set.
- The illustrations show LHD/ABS type.
|1.||Install the reservoir seal in the groove of the reservoir cap.|
|2.||Install the strainer, assembled reservoir cap on the reservoir tank.|
|3.||Coat the cups (A) of a new primary piston (B) with clean brake fluid, then install the primary piston into the master cylinder.|
NOTE: Check that the valve stem (C) moves smoothly by lightly pushing it through the slot in the piston.
|4.||Coat the cup (A) of a new secondary piston (B) with clean brake fluid, and apply the silicone grease to the piston surface (C).|
|5.||Apply the rubber grease to a new piston guide (A), an O-ring (B) and a secondary cup (C).|
|6.||Install the primary piston (A), secondary piston (B) and piston guide (C) into the master cylinder. Make sure the direction of piston guide.|
NOTE: Install the primary piston so the slot (D) in the piston aligns with the stop pin hole in the master cylinder.
|7.||Align the slot (A) in the primary piston with the stop pin hole (B) by pushing the secondary piston in, and install the stop pin (C).|
|8.||Apply the rubber grease to the surface of the new reservoir grommets (D), then install the grommets and reservoir union (E) to the master cylinder.|
|9.||Install the new snap ring (A) while pushing in the secondary piston (B). Be careful not to scratched damage on the piston surface with the snap ring edges.|
|10.||Install the reservoir (A) and the reservoir tank hose (B) to the reservoir union (C).|
|11.||Apply the silicone grease to a new rod seal, and install the seal onto the master cylinder.|