Rear Seat Belt Replacement
NOTE: Check the rear seat belts for damage, and replace them if necessary.
Rear Seat Belt Outer
|2.||Remove the lower anchor bolt (A).|
|6.||Remove the retractor bolt (A), then remove the rear seat belt (B) and retractor (C).|
Rear Center Seat Belt and Seat Belt Buckles
|2.||Remove the center anchor bolts (A), then remove the right seat belt buckle (B), center seat belt buckle (C), and left seat belt buckle (D).|
|6.||Remove the retractor mounting ET screw (A) and the retractor bolt (B), then remove the rear center seat belt (C) and retractor (D).|
|7.||Remove the rear center seat belt protector (E).|
|8.||Install the seat belt and buckles in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Apply medium strength type liquid thread lock to the anchor bolts before reinstallation.
- Tighten the bolts by hand first, then tighten to specification with a torque wrench.
- Check that the retractor locking mechanism functions as described.
- Assemble the washer on the retractor bolt as shown.
- Before installing the center anchor bolt, make sure there are no twists or kinks in the center belt.
- Make sure the rear center ELR (emergency locking retractor) is pointing straight forward.
Center anchor bolt installation