Side Curtain Airbag Replacement
- Review the interior trim replacement procedure before performing repair or service.
- Removal of the side curtain airbag must be performed according to the precautions/procedures described at the beginning of the SRS section.
- The side curtain airbag system consists of the side curtain airbag module, including the roof trim, front grab handle, all grab handle brackets and shielding protector. After the side curtain airbag has been deployed, replace these parts.
|1.||Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.|
|2.||Remove the headliner.|
|3.||Disconnect the floor wire harness 2P connector (A) from the side curtain airbag connector.|
|4.||Remove the mounting bolts (A) from the bracket.|
- Installation of the side curtain airbag must be performed according to the precautions/procedures described at the beginning of the SRS section.
- If the airbag is frayed, or has only other visible damage, replace it. Do not attempt to repair an airbag.
- When you install the airbag, make sure it is not twisted, and that it is not caught between the inflator bracket by the bracket bolts.
- Make sure that the side curtain airbag inflator retainer is installed properly, otherwise the airbag could accidentally deploy and cause damage or injuries.
|1.||Place the new side curtain airbag assembly on the side of the roof. Tighten the side curtain airbag mounting bolts (A).|
|2.||Connect the floor wire harness 2P connector (A) to the side curtain airbag connector.|
|3.||Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.|
|4.||Connect the HDS, and clear the DTCs.|
|5.||After installing the side curtain airbag, confirm proper system operation: Turn the ignition switch ON (II); the SRS indicator should come on for about 6 seconds and then go off.|
|6.||Install all removed parts.|
|7.||Confirm proper headliner/pillar trim overlap.|