Audio Unit Removal/Installation (1CD type)
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component location.
Also review the precautions and procedures in the SRS section before doing repairs or service.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
- Lay a workshop towel under the parts when working on them to protect the face panel from scratches or other damage.
- Do not work in a dusty or dirty place.
- Discharge static electricity from your body before and during the work.
- Do not touch the circuit board(s) with your bare hands.
- Do not work with dirty hands.
- Be careful not to fold the flat plate cable.
- Do not touch the terminal connector of the flat plate cable with your bare hands. (If you have touched it, wipe it off thoroughly.)
|1.||Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio, then write down the radio station presets.|
|2.||Remove the meter inner visor.|
|3.||Remove the center pocket hole lid and bolts, then pull out the center panel (A).|
|4.||Disconnect the connectors (B), and the air hose (C) (with the climate control), then remove the center panel.|
|5.||Remove the bolts, screws and the brackets (A).|
|6.||Remove the screws, then remove the rear covers (A) and the audio unit (B) from the center panel display (C).|
|7.||Install the audio unit in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|