Audio Unit Removal/Installation (1DIN 1CD type)
1DIN 1CD type
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component location.Also review the precautions and procedures
in the SRS section before doing repairs or service.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
- Lay a workshop towel under the parts when working on them to protect the face panel from scratches or other damage.
- Do not work in a dusty or dirty place.
- Discharge static electricity from your body before and during the work.
- Do not touch the circuit board(s) with your bare hands.
- Do not work with dirty hands.
- Be careful not to fold the flat plate cable.
- Do not touch the terminal connector of the flat plate cable with your bare hands. (If you have touched it, wipe it off thoroughly.)
|1.||Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio, then write down the radio station presets.|
|3.||Remove the center pocket hole lid and bolts, then pull out the center panel (A).|
|4.||Disconnect the connectors (B), and the air hose (C) (with the climate control), then remove the center panel.|
|5.||Remove the screws, brackets (A), audio unit (B) and the cassette player (C) (with cassette player) from the center panel display (D).|
|6.||Install the audio unit and/or cassette player (with cassette player) in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Make sure all connectors and antenna lead are secure.
- Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's audio presets, and set the clock.