Roof Molding ReplacementNOTE:
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to damage the windshield.
- Do not use any metallic tools to remove the roof molding, or you may chip the edge of the windshield and some cracks in the windshield will occur.
- When prying component, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
- Take care not to bend the roof molding.
|1.||Remove the cowl cover.|
|2.||Detach the bottom clip (A) at the lower corner of the windshield.|
|3.||Remove the windshield portion of the roof molding (A).|
|4.||Pull up the middle portion of the roof molding (A) to release it from the retainers (B).|
|5.||Pull up and release the rear end of the roof molding (A) from the pin (B), then remove the roof molding.|
|6.||Install the molding in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
|1.||While prying the middle hook (A) with a flat-tip screwdriver, slide the upper retainers (B ,C) upward to release them from the T-studs (D) on the front pillar and roof drip portion. Take care not to scratch the body.|
|2.||Install the retainers in the reverse order of removal.|