SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations
and the precautions and procedures
before performing repairs or service.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
|1.||Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.|
|3.||From both sides, using a trim tool, release the tabs (A) from the bracket (B).|
|4.||Remove the sunvisor cap (A) from the bracket (B). Turn the cap, and remove it.|
|5.||From both sides, remove the sunvisor (A).|
|-1 ||Remove the sunvisor from the body and holder (B).|
|-2 ||Using a T25 Torx bit, remove the screws.|
|-3 ||Remove the sunvisor from the body, and if equipped, disconnect the vanity mirror light connector.|
|6.||Using a flat-tip screwdriver, push the hook (A), and turn the holder (B) 90 °, then pull it out.|
|7.||Remove the map light (A) assembly.|
|-1 ||Remove the lenses (B).|
|-2 ||Remove the bolts.|
|-3 ||Pull out the map light and if equipped, sunroof switch (C).|
|-4 ||Disconnect the front individual map light connector (D) and if equipped, sunroof switch connector (E).|
|9.||Without sunroof: Detach the harness clips (A) from the front pillar (B), and disconnect the interior wire harness connector (C). LHD is shown; RHD is symmetrical.|
|11.||Slide both front seats all the way back, and recline the seat-backs fully.|
|12.||Remove the bolts securing the parking brake base frame (A) and lay it down as needed.|
|13.||Lower the headliner (A).|
|-1 ||Remove the front door opening seals (B), and rear door opening seals (C) from each roof portion.|
|-2 ||With the help of an assistant, detach the rear clips by pulling the rear portion of the headliner down.|
|-3 ||Release the fasteners (D) by lowering the headliner.|
|-4 ||With sunroof: Release the hook (E) of the sunroof by moving the headliner rearward.|
|14.||Lower the front of the headliner below the steering wheel. Rotate the liner, and pull it along with the interior wire harness (F) out through the passenger's front door. Do not bend the liner. Bending the liner will crease and damage it.|
|15.||If necessary, remove the cushion tape fastening the interior wire harness (A) to the headliner (B), then remove them from the headliner.|
|16.||Without side curtain airbags: If necessary, remove the bolts, then remove the front grab handle bracket (A) and rear grab handle bracket (B) from each side by releasing the hooks (C).|
|17.||Without side curtain airbags: If necessary, detach the hooks, then remove the front roof side pad (A) and rear roof side pad (B).|
|18.||With side curtain airbags: If necessary, remove the side curtain airbag mounting bolt (A) and grab handle bracket mounting bolts (B), then remove the grab handle bracket (C) from each side by releasing the hooks (D).|
|19.||Install the headliner in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the headliner and related parts with new ones.
- To prevent the side curtain airbags from deploying improperly and possibly causing injury, inspect removed pieces and replace them if they have any of these types of damage:
- Any crease or tears in the headliner (A)
- Any cracks or breakages in the grab handle (B)
- Any damages around the grab handle holes (C) or sunvisor holes in the headliner
- Any cracks in the sunvisor stay base (D)
- Any bends or cracks in the sunvisor stay shaft (E)
- Any cracks in the sunvisor base (F)
- Any cracks or breakages in the vanity mirror base (G)
- Any fasteners (H) and clip bases (I) which have come off the headliner
- When installing the grab handle, push on the grab handle against the bracket (J) until the clips (K) snap into place securely.
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
- Replace the removed cushion tape with new ones.
- Check that both sides of the headliner are securely attached to the trim.
- Make sure the headliner overlaps the trim pieces correctly.
- When reinstalling the headliner through the front passenger's door opening, be careful not to fold or bend it. Also, be careful not to scratch the body.
- Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
- Set the clock.
- Check for any DTCs that may have been set during repairs, and clear them.