|19.||Install the headliner in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the headliner and related parts with new ones.
- To prevent the side curtain airbags from deploying improperly and possibly causing injury, inspect removed pieces and replace them if they have any of these types of damage:
- Any crease or tears in the headliner (A)
- Any cracks or breakages in the grab handle (B)
- Any damages around the grab handle holes (C) or sunvisor holes in the headliner
- Any cracks in the sunvisor stay base (D)
- Any bends or cracks in the sunvisor stay shaft (E)
- Any cracks in the sunvisor base (F)
- Any cracks or breakages in the vanity mirror base (G)
- Any fasteners (H) and clip bases (I) which have come off the headliner
- When installing the grab handle, push on the grab handle against the bracket (J) until the clips (K) snap into place securely.
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
- Replace the removed cushion tape with new ones.
- Check that both sides of the headliner are securely attached to the trim.
- Make sure the headliner overlaps the trim pieces correctly.
- When reinstalling the headliner through the front passenger's door opening, be careful not to fold or bend it. Also, be careful not to scratch the body.
- Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
- Set the clock.
- Check for any DTCs that may have been set during repairs, and clear them.