Center Console Removal/Installation
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations
and the precautions and procedures
before performing repairs or service.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
- Take care not to scratch the front seat, dashboard, and related parts.
|2.||M/T model: Lower the shift lever boot (A) to release the hooks (B) from the boot, then remove the shift knob (C).|
|3.||Detach the clips by pulling the front inner panel (A) up.|
|4.||Gently pull out along the rear of the center console panel (A) to release the clips (B, C).|
|5.||Pull the center console panel (A) up and rearward to release the tabs (B).|
|6.||Open the armrest (A), then remove the console mat (B) and bolts.|
|7.||From the front portion of the center console, remove the bolts (A) and clips (B).|
|8.||Slide both front seats all the way back, and recline the seat-backs fully.|
|9.||Slide the center console (A) rearward to release the pins (B) from the bracket (C). |
|10.||Lift up the rear of the console (A), and remove it from the dashboard.|
|11.||If equipped, disconnect the seat heater switch connectors (B).|
|12.||Install the console in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Make sure each connector is plugged in properly.
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and hooks into place securely.
- When installing the center console panel, install the tabs (A) into the notch (B) of the parking brake base frame (C).