Dashboard/Steering Hanger Beam Disassembly/ReassemblyNOTE:
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
- Take care not to bend the brackets.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
- LHD is shown; RHD is symmetrical.
|1.||Remove the dashboard/steering hanger beam.|
|2.||Remove these items from the dashboard:|
|3.||Remove the bolts.|
|4.||From the back of the dashboard, release the hooks (A), then remove the center joint duct (B).|
|5.||RHD: From the back of the dashboard, disconnect the glove box light connector (A).|
|6.||From the back of the dashboard, disconnect the tweeter connectors (A), cigarette lighter connector (B) or accessory socket connector, cigarette lighter light connector (C), and sunlight sensor connector (D), then detach the harness clips (E).|
|7.||From the back of the dashboard, remove the screws (A, B), then separate the dashboard (C) from the steering hanger beam (D).|
|8.||Assemble the dashboard and steering hanger beam in the reverse order of disassembly, and note these items:|