Interior Trim Removal/Installation - Center Pillar Upper/Lower Trim - With Side Curtain Airbags
Center Pillar Upper/Lower Trim
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations
and the precautions and procedures
before performing repairs or service.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
|2.||Slide the front seat forward fully.|
|4.||With front seat belt outer lap tensioner: Detach the upper hooks (A) by pulling the center pillar lower cover (B) back by hand, then pull the cover up to remove it.|
|5.||Remove the center pillar lower trim (A).|
|-1 ||Pull the upper portion of the trim back to release the upper hooks (B).|
|-2 ||Detach the lower clips by pulling the bottom of the trim back by hand.|
|-3 ||With front seat belt outer lap tensioner: Pull the trim off the outer lap tensioner (C).|
|7.||Pull the bottom of the center pillar upper trim (A) back by hand to detach the lower hooks (B).|
|8.||Detach the upper clip by pulling the top of the center pillar upper trim (A). Pull the trim down to release the upper hooks (B) from the side curtain airbag center pillar bracket (C).|
|9.||Pass the front seat belt (A) lower anchor out through a hole in the slider (B), then remove the center pillar upper trim (C).|
|10.||Remove the slider (A) from the center pillar upper trim (B).|
|11.||Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Replace any damaged clips (A) with new ones.
- If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the center pillar upper and lower trim and all clips on the trim with new ones.
- To prevent the side curtain airbags from deploying improperly and possibly causing injury, inspect the trim and replace it if it has any of these types of damage:
- Any cracks or deformations in the center pillar upper trim (B) and the upper hooks (C), and any stress-whitened in the upper part of the trim
- Any cracks or deformations in the center pillar lower trim (D), and any breakages in the part (E) fitted with the center pillar upper trim
- Any cracks or stress-whitened in the clip seating surface (F)
- Replace any damaged parts with new ones.
- Make sure the top of the trim overlaps with the headliner correctly.
- Make sure the pin (G) on the front seat belt shoulder anchor adjuster (H) and the hole (I) on the back of the slider are engaged when installing the center pillar upper trim.
- Make sure the trim hook is installed into the side curtain airbag center pillar bracket securely.
- Push the clip and hooks into place securely.
- Before installing the anchor bolt, make sure there are no twists or kinks in the seat belt.
Slider engagement with shoulder anchor adjuster