|11.||Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Replace any damaged clips (A) with new ones.
- If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the center pillar upper and lower trim and all clips on the trim with new ones.
- To prevent the side curtain airbags from deploying improperly and possibly causing injury, inspect the trim and replace it if it has any of these types of damage:
- Any cracks or deformations in the center pillar upper trim (B) and the upper hooks (C), and any stress-whitened in the upper part of the trim
- Any cracks or deformations in the center pillar lower trim (D), and any breakages in the part (E) fitted with the center pillar upper trim
- Any cracks or stress-whitened in the clip seating surface (F)
- Replace any damaged parts with new ones.
- Make sure the top of the trim overlaps with the headliner correctly.
- Make sure the pin (G) on the front seat belt shoulder anchor adjuster (H) and the hole (I) on the back of the slider are engaged when installing the center pillar upper trim.
- Make sure the trim hook is installed into the side curtain airbag center pillar bracket securely.
- Push the clip and hooks into place securely.
- Before installing the anchor bolt, make sure there are no twists or kinks in the seat belt.
Slider engagement with shoulder anchor adjuster