Interior Trim Removal/Installation - Center Pillar Upper/Lower Trim - Without Side Curtain Airbags
Center Pillar Upper/Lower Trim
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations
and the precautions and procedures
before performing repairs or service.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
|2.||Slide the front seat forward fully.|
|4.||With front seat belt outer lap tensioner: Detach the upper hooks (A) by pulling the center pillar lower cover (B) back by hand, then pull the cover up to remove it.|
|5.||Remove the center pillar lower trim (A).|
|-1 ||Pull the upper portion of the trim back to release the upper hooks (B).|
|-2 ||Detach the lower clips by pulling the bottom of the trim back by hand.|
|-3 ||With front seat belt outer lap tensioner: Pull the trim off the outer lap tensioner (C).|
|7.||Pull the bottom of the center pillar upper trim (A) back by hand to detach the lower hooks (B).|
|8.||Detach the upper clip by pulling the top of the center pillar upper trim (A). Pull the trim down to release the upper hooks (B).|
|9.||Pass the front seat belt (A) lower anchor out through a hole in the slider (B), then remove the center pillar upper trim (C).|
|10.||Remove the slider (A) from the center pillar upper trim (B).|
|11.||Install the trim in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips, and replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and hooks into place securely.
- Without front seat belt outer lap tensioner: Apply medium strength type liquid thread lock to the front seat belt anchor bolt before reinstallation.
- Before installing the anchor bolt, make sure there are no twists or kinks in the seat belt.
- Make sure the pin (A) on the front seat belt shoulder anchor adjuster (B) and the hole (C) on the back of the slider are engaged when installing the center pillar upper trim (D).