Interior Trim Removal/Installation - Rear Pillar Trim - Without Side Curtain Airbags
Rear Pillar Trim
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations and the precautions and procedures before performing repairs or service.
- Follow the rear pillar trim installation procedure carefully; improper installation could cause the side curtain airbag to deploy improperly and possibly cause injury.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
- Take care not to scratch the trim and panels.
- The front clip in the rear pillar trim (A) consists of a grommet (B) and a pin (C). The grommet expanded with the pin secures it to the body panel (D). The projections (E) on the pin is broken during removal, so the clip must be replaced with a new one when the trim is reinstalled.
|1.||Remove these items:|
|2.||Fold the seat-back forward.|
|3.||Hit the front clip in the rear pillar trim (A) with your hand. The clip is near the triangle mark (B). Hitting the clip breaks the projections (C) on the pin (D) and pushes it into the grommet (E) and against the body (F). The grommet becomes narrow.|
NOTE: The clip must be replaced with a new when the rear pillar trim is reinstalled.
|4.||Pull the front of the rear pillar trim (A) back by hand to remove the front clip (B) from the body (C).|
|5.||Pull the rear pillar trim (A) by hand to detach the clips, then pull the trim up from the rear shelf (B).|
|6.||If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the rear pillar trim and all clips on the trim with new ones.|
|7.||If the side curtain airbag has not deployed, remove the front clip (A) from the removed rear pillar trim (B) and discard it. Then check the trim:|
|8.||Before installing the rear pillar trim (A) whether replaced or reinstalled, temporarily remove a new front clip (B).|
|9.||Check the overlap between the headliner and rear pillar trim, and if necessary, adjust it.|
|10.||Carefully reinstall a new front clip (A) to the rear pillar trim (B). Be sure that the grommet (C) is nearest to the top of the pin (D) as shown.|
|11.||Reinstall the rear pillar trim (A).|
|12.||Reinstall the rear door opening seal.|