Interior Trim Removal/Installation - Rear Shelf
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations
and the precautions and procedures
before performing repairs or service.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to bend or scratch the rear shelf and trim.
- When removing components, use the handy remover set or equivalent.
- Vehicles with fold down type rear seat or split fold down type rear seat are shown; a vehicle with fixed type rear seat is similar.
|2.||From the trunk compartment, disconnect the high-mount brake light connector (A).|
|3.||From the trunk compartment, release the six white clips (A) by tapping on them.|
|4.||With fold down type or split fold down type rear seat: Release the hook (A) by pushing in on the detents (B) on the rear shelf (C), then lift up on the front edge of the shelf at each detent.|
|5.||Lift the rear shelf (A) upward to detach the remaining four clips, and release the hooks (B) of the high mount brake light from the rear shelf. Release the pin (C) from the holes on the body.|
|6.||Release each anchor rod (D) out through the hole in the rear shelf, and pull both rear seat belts (E) and rear center seat belt (F) out through the slits (G) in the rear shelf.|
|7.||Install the shelf in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Check for damaged or stress-whitened clips, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
- When installing the rear shelf, slip the rear seat belt through the slit and the rear center seat belt into the lid opening in the rear shelf.
- Push the clips and hooks into place securely.
- Make sure the high mount brake light connector is connected securely.