Sunroof Frame and Drain Tube Replacement
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations
and the precautions and procedures
before performing repairs or service.
|2.||Put on gloves to protect your hands. Disconnect the motor connector (A).|
|3.||Disconnect the drain tubes (A).|
|4.||Remove the interior harness (B) by detaching the harness clips (C). LHD is shown; RHD is similar.|
|5.||With an assistant holding the frame (A), remove the bolts, starting at the rear, and release the rear hooks (B) by moving the frame forward.|
|6.||With the help of an assistant, carefully remove the frame through the front door opening. Take care not to scratch the interior trim and body, or tear the seat covers.|
|9.||Install the frame and drain tube in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Before installing the frame, clear the drain tubes and drain valves using compressed air.
- When installing, tie a string to the top end of the new drain tube and pull it up into the roof.
- Check the frame seal.
- Clean the surface of the frame.
- When installing the frame, first attach the rear hooks into the body holes.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly.
- When connecting the drain tube, slide it over the frame nozzle at least 10 mm (0.39 in.).
- Adjust the tube clip (A) on the drain tube (B) up or down so as not to interfere other interior pieces or body.
|10.||Check for water leaks. Let the water run freely from a hose without a nozzle. Do not use a high-pressure spray.|