Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Precautions
The fuel tube/quick-connect fittings (A), (B), (C) connect the fuel rail (D) to fuel feed hose A (E), the fuel feed hose A to fuel feed hose B (F), fuel feed hose B to the fuel line (G), and the fuel line (H) to the fuel tank unit (I). When removing or installing the fuel feed hose, fuel tank unit or fuel tank, it is necessary to disconnect or connect the quick-connect fittings.
Pay attention to the following:
- The fuel feed hose, fuel line and quick-connect fittings are not heat-resistant; be careful not to damage them during welding or other heat-generating procedures.
- The fuel feed hose, fuel line and quick-connect fittings are not acid-proof; do not touch them with a shop towel which was used for wiping battery electrolyte. Replace them if they came into contact with electrolyte or something similar.
- When connecting or disconnecting the fuel feed hose, fuel line and quick-connect fittings, be careful not to bend or twist them excessively. Replace them it damaged.
A disconnected quick-connect fitting can be reconnected, but the retainer on the mating pipe cannot be reused once it has been removed from the pipe. Replace the retainer when:
- replacing the fuel rail.
- replacing the fuel line.
- replacing the fuel pump.
- replacing the fuel filter.
- replacing the fuel gauge sending unit.
- it has been removed from the pipe.
- it is damaged.
|Location||Manufacturer||Retainer color||Piping diameter|
|A||Tokai||Green||6.3 mm (0.3 in.)|
|B||Tokai||Blue green||8 mm (0.3 in.)|
|C||Sanoh||White||9.5 mm (0.4 in.)|