- Look at the coolant level in the reserve tank. Make sure it is between the MAX mark (A) and MIN mark (B).
- If the coolant level in the reserve tank is at or below the MIN mark, add coolant to bring it up to the MAX mark, and inspect the cooling system for leaks.
- Start the engine. Set the heater temperature control dial to maximum heat, then turn off the ignition switch. Make sure the engine and radiator are cool to the touch.
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Remove the splash shield (see step 21 on page 5-6).
- Loosen the drain plug (A), and drain the coolant.
- Remove the reserve tank drain cap (A), and drain the coolant.