DTC P1259: VTEC System Malfunction
Special Tools Required
- Oil pressure gauge attachment 07NAJ-P070100
- Low pressure gauge 07406-0070001
- Hose oil pressure 07ZAJ-S5A0200
- Reset the ECM (see page 11-3).
- Check the engine oil level, and refill if necessary.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine at 3.000 rpm (min-1) with no load (in Park or neutral) unit the radiator fan comes on.
- Road test the vehicle:
Accelerate in 1st gear to an engine speed over 4,000 rpm. Hold that engine speed for at least 2 seconds. If DTC P1259 is not repeated during the first road test, repeat this test 2 more times.
Is DTC P1259 indicated?
YES - Go to step 5.
NO - Intermittent failure, system is OK at this time. Check for poor connections or loose wires at the VTEC solenoid valve and at the ECM.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector.
- Check for continuity on the VTEC oil pressure switch between the VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector terminals No. 1 and No. 2.
VTEC OIL PRESSURE SWITCH 2P CONNECTOR
Terminal side of male terminals
Is there continuity?
YES - Go to step 8.
NO - Replace the VTEC oil pressure switch.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
- Measure voltage between the VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector terminal No. 1 and body ground.
VTEC OIL PRESSURE SWITCH HARNESS 2P CONNECTOR
Wire side of female terminals
Is there battery voltage?
YES - Go to step 14.
NO - Go to step 10.