- Leave the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve connected.
- Before checking the idle speed, check these items:
- The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) has not been reported on.
- Ignition timing
- Spark plugs
- Air cleaner
- PCV system
- Disconnect the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) canister purge valve 2P connector.
- Connect a tachometer (A) to the test tachometer connector (B).
- Start the engine. Hold the engine at 3,000 rpm (min-1) with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
- Check the idle speed with no-load conditions: headlights, blower fan, rear defogger, radiator fan, and air conditioner are not operating.
Idle speed should be: 780 + 50 rpm (min-1)
- Idle the engine for 1 minute with heater fan switch on HI and air conditioner on, then check the idle speed.
Idle speed should be:780 + 50 rpm (min-1)
NOTE: If the idle speed is not within specification, see the Symptom Chart.
- Reconnect the EVAP canister purge valve 2P connector.