How to Reset the ECM
You can reset the ECM in either of 2 ways:
How to End a Troubleshooting Session (required after any troubleshooting)
- Reset the ECM as described above.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the scan tool or Honda PGM Tester from the DLC.
NOTE: The ECM is part of the immobiliser system. If you replace the ECM, it will have a different immobiliser code. In order for the engine to start, you must rewrite the immobiliser code with the Honda PGM Tester.
How to Remove the ECM for Testing
If the inspection for a trouble code requires voltage or resistance checks at the ECM connectors, remove the ECM and test it:
- Remove the passenger's dashboard lower cover, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual (see page 20-78), the passenger's kick panel, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual (see page 20-64), and the glove box, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual (see page 20-79).
- Remove the ECM mounting bolt (A) and the bracket.
- Remove the ECM.