- Measure the clearance between the 6th gear (A) and angular ball bearing (B) with a feeler gauge (C). If the clearance is more than the service limit, go to step 11.
0.06 - 0.16 mm
(0.002 - 0.006 in.)
0.25 mm (0.010 in.)
- Measure the thickness of the distance collar.
If the thickness of distance collar is less than the standard, replace the distance collar with a new one.
- If the thickness of distance collar is within the standard, go to step 12.
24.03 - 24.08 mm
(0.946 - 0.947 in.)
- Measure the thickness of 6th gear.
If the thickness of 6th gear is less than the service limit, replace 6th gear with a new one.
- If the thickness of 6th gear is within the service limit, replace the 5th/6th synchro hub with a new one.
23.92 - 23.97 mm
(0.981 - 0.944 in.)
23.80 mm (0.937 in.)