- Raise vehicle and make sure it is securely supported.
- Drain the transmission fluid. Reinstall the drain bolt using a new washer (see page 13-4).
- Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the Three Way Catalytic Converter (TWC) assembly (see step 25 on page 5-6).
- Remove the driveshafts (see page 16-3).
- Remove the intermediate shaft (see page 16-18).
- Remove the front engine mount bracket mounting bolt.
- Remove the three bolts securing the transmission rear mount.
- Support the sub-frame with a 4 x 4 x 40 in. piece of wood and a jack.