Special Tools Required
- Threaded adapter, 24 x 1.5 mm, 07XAC-0010200
- Sliding hammer set, 07936-5790001
- Boot band pincers, commercially available
Inboard Joint Side:
- Remove the set ring (A) from the inboard joint.
- Remove the boot bands. Take care not to damage the boot and dynamic damper.
If the boot band is welded type (A), cut the boot band (B).
- If the boot band is a double loop type (C), lift up the band bend (D) and push it into the clip (E).
- If the boot band is a low profile type (F), pinch the boot band using the commercially available boot band pincers (G).
Double Loop Type
Low Profile Type