Special Tools Required
Locknut wrench, 43 mm 07MAA-SL00200
- Set the wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the heat shield (A).
- Remove the transmission mount bracket (see step 23 on page 13-7).
- As the moving span of the special tool is limited, loosen the rack guide screw locknut (A) with the special tool in several steps. Then remove the rack guide screw (B).
- Remove the old sealant from rack guide screw, and apply new sealant to the middle of the threads (A).
Loosely install the rack guide screw on the steering gearbox.
- Tighten the rack guide screw to 25 Nm (2.5 kgf/m, 18 lbf/ft), then loosen it.
- Retighten the rack guide screw to 4 Nm (0.4 kgf/m, 3 lbf/ft) then back it off to specified angle.
Specified Return Angle:
- Hold the rack guide screw stationary with a wrench, and tighten the locknut by hand until it is fully seated.
- Install the special tool on the locknut (B),and hold the rack guide screw (A) stationary with a wrench. Tighten the locknut an additional 30° with the special tool.
- Install the transmission mount bracket (see step 12 on page 13-12).
- Reinstall the air cleaner and heat shield.
- Check for unusual steering effort through the complete turning travel.
- Check the steering wheel rotational play and the power assist.