NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Remove the tailgate upper trim, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual Supplement, P/N 62S5A22 (see page 20-32).
- From inside the tailgate, pull the high mount brake light connector (A) out from the hole in the tailgate and disconnect the connector.
- Remove the bolts (B) and nuts (C) securing the tailgate spoiler (D).
- Pull up the tailgate spoiler (A) and slip the high mount brake light connector (B) through the hole (C) in the tailgate, then remove the spoiler.
- Install the spoiler in the reverse order of removal and make sure the high mount brake light connector is plugged in properly.