- Take care not to tear the seams or damage the seat covers.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Remove the front seat, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual (see page 20-87) .
- Remove the recline cover and centre cover, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual Supplement, P/N 62S5A22 (see page 20-39).
- On the passenger's seat, disconnect the rear seat access cable (A) from the recline adjuster (B), and pull out the cable.
- From under the seat cushion on the passenger's seat, release the hook springs (A) and detach the clips (B) of the rear seat access cable (C). Pull out the cable from the hole (D) in the seat cushion frame, when you pull the guide cover (E) back.