- Check continuity between the ECM connector terminal B10 and body ground.
ECM CONNECTOR B (24P)
Wire side of female terminals
Is there continuity?
YES - Repair short in the wire between the alternator and the ECM.
NO - Go to alternator and regulator test.
Alternator and Regulator Circuit Test
- Be sure the battery is sufficiently charged, refer to the 2001 Civic Shop Manual (see page 22-79).
- Raise the hoist to full height.
- Hook up the ammeter, 0 - 400 A, to the starter sub-harness.
- Lower the hoist.
- Hook up the voltmeter, 0 - 20 V (accurate within 0.1 V), to T101.