Special Tools Required
- Handle driver, 07749-0010000
- Driver attachment, 52 x 55 mm, 07746-0010400
NOTE: Refer to the Exploded View as needed during this procedure.
- Test the alternator and regulator before you remove them (see page 4-21).
- Remove the alternator (see page 4-28).
- If the front bearing needs replacing, remove the pulley locknut with a 10 mm wrench (A) and a 22 mm wrench (B). If necessary, use an impact wrench.
- Remove the harness bracket (A), insulator (B), three flange nuts (C) and the screw (D), then remove the plate terminal (E).
- Remove the end cover (A) and dust seal (B).
- Remove the brush holder (A), voltage regulator (B) and the rubber seal(C).