- Use a marker to make alignment marks on the reference lines (A) that align with the centres of the rear sub-frame mounting bolts (B).
- Remove the front sub-frame (C).
- Disconnect the compressor clutch connector (A), then remove the A/C compressor (B) without disconnecting the A/C hoses.
- Check that the engine/transmission is completely free of vacuum hoses, fuel and coolant hoses, and electrical wiring.
- Slowly lower the engine about 150 mm (6 in.). Check once again that all hoses and wires are disconnected from the engine/transmission.
- Lower the engine all the way. Remove the chain hoist from the engine.
- Remove the engine from under the vehicle.