- Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-28).
- Remove the cylinder head bolts. To prevent warpage, unscrew the bolts in sequence 1/3 turn at a time; repeat the sequence until all bolts are loosened.
CYLINDER HEAD BOLTS LOOSENING SEQUENCE:
- Remove the cylinder head.
- Remove the cam chain (see page 6-13).
- Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the Variable Valve Timing Control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and exhaust camshaft sprocket mounting bolt.
- Remove the VTC actuator and exhaust camshaft sprocket.