Install the cylinder head in the reverse order of removal:
- Clean the cylinder head and block surface.
- Install the new cylinder head gasket (A) and dowel pins (B) on the cylinder block. Always use a new cylinder head gasket.
- Set the crankshaft to TDC. Align the TDC mark (A) on the crankshaft sprocket with the pointer (B) on the cylinder block.
- Install the cylinder head on the block.
- Measure the diameter of each cylinder head bolt at point A and point B.
- If either diameter is less than 10.6 mm (0.42 in.), replace the cylinder head bolt.