- Apply engine oil to the bolt threads and under the bolt heads of all the cylinder head bolts.
- Tighten the cylinder head bolts in sequence to 39 Nm (4.0 kgf/m, 29 lbf/ft). Use a beam-type torque wrench. When using a preset-type torque wrench, be sure to tighten slowly and do not overtighten. If a bolt makes any noise while you are torquing it, loosen the bolt and retighten it from the first step.
- After torquing, tighten all cylinder head bolts in two steps (90° per step). If you are using a new cylinder head bolt, tighten the bolt an extra 90°.
- Install the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-41).
- Tighten the connecting pipe mounting bolt (A) and water bypass line mounting bolts (B), then install the harness holder (C) on the bracket.
- Install the upper radiator hose (A) and heater hose (B).