- Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (cooling fan comes on).
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Remove the intake manifold cover (see step 1 on page 6-24).
- Disconnect all four injector connectors.
- Start the engine and let it run until it stalls.
- Remove the four ignition coils (see page 4-17).
- Remove the four spark plugs.
- Attach the compression gauge to the spark plug hole.
- Connect a tachometer.
- Open the throttle fully, then crank the engine with the starter motor and measure the compression.
Above 930 kPa (9.5 kgf/cm2, 135 psi)-250 rpm
- Measure the compression on the remaining cylinders.
Within 200 kPa (2.0 kgf/cm2, 28 psi)
- If the compression is not within specifications, check the following items, then re measure the compression.
- Damaged or worn valves and seats
- Damaged cylinder head gasket
- Damaged or worn piston rings
- Damaged or worn piston and cylinder bore