Special Tools Required
- Oil filter wrench, 07HAA-PJ70100
- Oil filter wrench, 07912-6110001
Japan-Made Oil Filter
- Remove the oil filter with the special oil filter wrench.
- Inspect the threads (A) and rubber seal (B) on the new filter. Wipe off the seat on the engine block, then apply a light coat of oil to the filter rubber seal. Use only filters with a built-in bypass system.
- Install the oil filter by hand.
- After the rubber seal seats, tighten the oil filter clockwise with the special tool.
3/4 turn clockwise.
12 Nm (1.2 kgf/m, 8.7 lbf/ft)
- If 4 numbers or marks (1 to 4 or to ) are printed around the outside of the filter, use the following procedure to tighten the filter.
Spin the filter on until its seal lightly seats against the oil cooler, and note which number or mark is at the bottom.
- Tighten the filter by turning it clockwise 3 numbers or marks from the one you noted. For example, if number 2 is at the bottom when the seal is seated, tighten the filter until the number 1 comes around the bottom.
- After installation, fill the engine with oil up to the specified level, run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check for oil leakage.