Front Lower Arm Replacement
Special Tools Required
Ball joint remover, 28 mm ( 07MAC-SL00200)
|1.||Raise the front of the vehicle, and make sure it is securely supported. Remove the front wheels.|
|2.||Remove the flange nut (A) while holding the joint pin (B) with a hex wrench (C), and disconnect the stabilizer link (D) from the lower arm (E).|
|3.||Remove the clip (A) from the lower arm ball joint, and remove the castle nut (B).|
NOTE: During installation, insert the clip into the ball joint pin from the inside to the outside of the vehicle. The closed end of the clip must be in the range shown.
|5.||Remove the flange bolts (A), and remove the lower arm (B).|
|6.||Install the lower arm in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Be careful not to damage the ball joint boot when connecting the lower arm to the knuckle.
- Tighten all mounting hardware to the specified torque values.
- First install all the components and lightly tighten the bolts and nuts, then raise the suspension to load it with the vehicle's weight before fully tightening it to the specified torques. Do not place the jack on the lower arm ball joint.
- Torque the castle nut to the lower torque specification, then tighten it only far enough to align the slot with the clip hole. Do not align the castle nut by loosening it.
- Install a new clip on the castle nut after torquing.
- Before installing the wheel, clean the mating surface of the brake disc and the inside of the wheel.
- Check the wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary.