Front Door Outer Handle Replacement
NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands.
|3.||Release the clip and detach the hook (A), then remove the lock rod protector (B).|
|4.||Disconnect the outer handle rod (A) and cylinder rod (B). Driver's with Super Locking : Disconnect the outer handle rod only. Without cylinder switch is shown (with cylinder switch is similar).|
|5.||Driver's with Super Locking : Pull the glass run channel (A) away as necessary. Remove the bolt, then remove the center lower channel (B) by pulling it downward, and pull the channel up to remove it from the outer handle rod (C) through the hole (D) in the channel.|
|6.||Driver's with Super Locking : Disconnect the cylinder rod (see step 4).|
|7.||Release the retainer clip (B) with a hocked shaped tool. On no Super Locking models, remove the lock cylinder (C).|
Without Super Locking:
With Super Locking:
|8.||On no Super Locking models with cylinder switch, remove the screw, then separate the lock cylinder (A) and cylinder switch (B).|
|9.||With cylinder switch: Disconnect the cylinder switch connector (A), and detach the harness clip (B), then remove the cylinder switch (C). With Super Locking is shown.|
|10.||Remove the bolt, then remove the cylinder protector (A). Without Super Locking and with Super Locking (passengers side) are shown, with Super Locking (driver's side) is that removing the lock cylinder and cylinder protector as an assembly.|
|11.||With Super Locking: Remove the screws (A, B), then separate the lock cylinder (C), cylinder switch (D), and cylinder protector (E).|
|12.||Remove the bolt, then remove the spacer (A).|
|13.||While pulling the outer handle (A), remove the handle from the holes in the door panel. Take care not to scratch the door.|
|14.||Install the handle in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:|
- Make sure the cylinder switch harness is routed properly (for some models).
- Make sure the cylinder switch connector is plugged in properly (for some models), and each rod is connected securely.
- Make sure the door locks and opens properly.
- When installing the lock cylinder, leave the outer door handle bolts loose so the inner protector does not interfere with the lock cylinder, then tighten the handle bolts.
- Install the lock cylinder retaining clip on the handle, then install the lock cylinder. Be sure the clip is fully seated in the slot on the lock cylinder.