Rear Door Channel Tape ReplacementNOTE:
- Keep dust away from the working area.
- When working at lower temperatures, heat the door channel and door channel tape with a hair dryer.
Door channel: about 15°C (59°F).
Door channel tape: about 30°C (86°F).
- When heating the door channel tape, heat it evenly and gradually to prevent deformation.
- When pressing the door channel tape, slowly press it from the corner to prevent air bubbles and wrinkles.
- If there are air bubbles in the door channel tape, release the air with your finger or a plastic squeegee.
- If the air bubble is more than 10 mm (0.4 in.) in diameter, peel up the door channel tape, then reapply it.
|1.||The following tools are required to replace the door channel tape:|
|2.||Remove these items:|
|3.||Slowly peel up the old door channel tape while heating it with a hair dryer.|
|4.||Clean the door channel bonding surface with a sponge dampened in alcohol. After cleaning, keep oil, grease, and water from getting on the surface.|
|5.||Attach the door channel tape.|
|6.||As necessary, repeat the preceding steps.|
|7.||Reinstall all remaining removed parts.|
|8.||Check that the body color on the door channel is covered by the door channel tape.|
|9.||Check for water leaks.|
Attachment Point (Reference):