Rear Bumper Removal/Installation
- Have an assistant help you when removing and installing the rear bumper.
- Take care not to scratch the rear bumper and body.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
- Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Apply protective tape around the hinge side edge of the tailgate lower trim to prevent damage to the rear bumper.
- For removing the rear bumper, remove the bolt securing the body side end of the tailgate support strut. After removing the bolt, gently open or close the tailgate to make most clearance between the rear bumper and the tailgate lower trim, and securely keep this position.
Remove the rear bumper as shown.
Install the bumper in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Make sure each connector is plugged in properly.
- Make sure the rear bumper engages the hooks of the side spacers and upper brackets on both sides securely.
- Replace any damaged clips.